Real Estate Agent

A large number of property buyers, sellers and even renters use the service of an estate agent to help them in their trades. These agents are either consisting of a single person or a group of people who are usually employed under certain companies to assist their clients that have problem dealing with properties. You can find them without difficulties on the net or newspaper, using commonly stated keywords and target location like "estate agents in bournemouth" as an example.

Estate agents can help buyers by showing them the list of properties they have got or by looking around and hunting down houses that might interest them. But most of the time, they are being hired to work on behalf of owners who want to sell their real estate. The agent will begin by evaluating a selling price for the property and state out how much they will charge. If everything is fine the property will then be advertised as 'for sale'.

The advertisement can be published in newspaper classifieds, magazines, printed out flyers or getting indexed in their company property selling list. Furthermore, the Internet is also used to advertise by placing up properties on listing websites as well as on the agency's own website. Prospective buyers will be led to the property for an arrange viewing. This is an offer many agents will provide though the service and whole procedure may vary from each agency.

Typically, the service fee of each successful sale is in between one to three percent of the property selling price. For instance, if a house is being sold at £500,000 the charge will fall between £5,000 to £15,000. Fortunately, today we have the choice to look for company that charge at a fixed rate. In this case no matter how much the value of the property is, the charges remain the same. For many people this option could save them a lot of money.

Alternatively, owners can try to sell their properties on their own if they do not want to waste money on estate agents. All they need to do is to find some suitable websites to list up their properties online, or in newspapers and wait for the potential buyers to call. But for those who are interested in hiring an agent, it is always best to pick one that has become a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RCIS) or the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).